The following are the main contacts for Special Educational Needs and Disability at Durham Trinity School & Sports College:
- Mrs Rachel Grimwood is the Headteacher
- The position of designated SEN Governor is Michele Di Mascio.
- Mr Brian Brown is our designated Primary Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator and Ms Claire Taylor is our designated Secondary/Post 16 Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator. It is the SENCO’s job to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
- Liaise with the Designated Teacher for Looked After Children
- Advise teachers and support staff on how to help your child
- Liaise with you on a regular basis to talk with you about your child’s needs and listen to any ideas or concerns you might have
- Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
- Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
- Co-ordinate and Chair the Annual Review process
Staff access a variety of courses and training to ensure the needs of the pupils are met. Such courses/training may be accessed by all staff, groups of staff or individual staff depending on their role in school. Training needs are identified through the school improvement plan, performance management (appraisal) process, individual staff, induction programme. Continuing Professional Development of all staff and its’ impact is reported termly to the Governing Body.
All staff have clear job descriptions and the person specification for each post details the required qualifications.